Children’s Learning Center was started in 1969 by people whose main concerns were children, their care and development. It became apparent that financial support and organization were also essential in order to provide a quality full day care program. The Center was re-organized in 1972 and a new board was formed. The Center was twice relocated.
From the Fall of 1974 to the Spring of 1980, Children’s Learning Center was located at 1000 Kentucky in the Educational Building of the first Christian Church. In May, 1980, the Children’s Learning Center relocated into the 1928 and 1937 wings of the old Lawrence Memorial Hospital. In June of 1993, the building at 205 N. Michigan was purchased and renovated for a September 1993 opening date. The new facility has the capacity to enroll 175 children; 50 more than at the hospital site.